At the end of a long day, it’s often the memory of the one we love which comforts us and gives us strength, particularly when they’re not near.
But how often do you express this gratitude, this appreciation for the love of someone so incredible that they fill your entire life with warmth?
You could do something big and impressive like make a nice dinner or send a surprise gift to them at the office, but what we really want is just to know that our special someone is thinking of us. And a simple text is all you need to do exactly that.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
– Lao Tzu
Here are 20 goodnight texts to send to the one that keeps the lights on in your life.
20 Goodnight Texts to Send to the One You Love
- The moon shines brightly tonight in a dark sky, the way you’ve lit up my life when I needed you the most.
- I couldn’t fall asleep until I told I love you. Good night.
- The best part of today will be when I fall asleep, because you’ll be with me all night. Missing you.
- Good night to the man/woman that gives me true happiness.
- The night is cold but I’m warm from your love.
- Restless. Going to count all the reasons I love you to help me fall asleep.
- Tonight, I won’t be dreaming about doughnuts or cake, I’ll be thinking of you because you’re just as sweet.
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
- I’d say I’ll miss you, but I’m about to be with you for the next eight hours.
- You are my North Star. I’ll always find my way back to you.
- At the end of a rough day, all I need is the thought of your smile.
- My hand rests where I wish your body were. Missing you tonight.
- You’re the man/woman of my dreams. Literally, I’ll see you in a bit. Good night.
- I’d miss you even if we never met.
- Here’s hoping our beds meet in our dreams tonight.
- The only thing worse than not having you here with me is knowing I won’t see your beautiful/sexy smile when I wake in the morning.
- “I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” – Nicholas Sparks
- Today was rough. It would have been better if I’d gotten to see you. But I’ll settle for seeing you in my dreams.
- I hope your day was as amazing as your love has been to me.
- Your love has been like a great lighthouse in a dark and foggy night. No matter how difficult life gets, I can always find my way back to you.