10 Ways To Improve Your Writing Skills
Everyone can pay for essays to get better grades, but getting a handle on writing can be hugely beneficial in the long-run. Not only will you save money, but you will be able to write original and fresh content on any topic with your own efforts. Writing doesn’t need to be this tortuous task; with a little determination and motivation, you can achieve great results. There are many ways for you to improve your writing to achieve higher results in your studies. The writing skills’ perfection usually depends directly on the level of experience. The more papers you write, the more knowledgeable you become in terms of writing tricks, etc.
The following ten tips will help you improve your writing skills
10 Ways To Improve Your Writing Skills
1. Minimize or eliminate repetitions from the piece of writing, try to express the key ideas of the research by using diverse patterns and word combinations. If planning to order an essay, check whether the writer understood the topic completely and used cohesive devises where needed. If there are too many repetitions, the idea becomes too simplified and not interesting to explore. Never spoil your thoughts and paper by using too simple and trite phrases. The best way is to come up with a list of synonymic constructions and use them while elaborating the topic. The professor will see how industrious you are and will definitely value your writing skills!
2. Represent the agents without using passive constructions. Use active voice stating your suggestions to provide the audience with the clear idea of who does what. Allow them to act up to the end of the article. A frequent presence of passive voice creates the impression of the writer’s uncertainty or unawareness of the topic statements. It provokes a general lack of the content vividness. You feel like the author is unaware of the validness of the information he provides. So, stick to the active voice in your academic papers!
3. Be unique! Don’t use widely popular structures and cliches as it provides the readers or/and instructors with the consideration that you doubt the consistency of own opinion. Your statements contribute to the uniqueness and freshness of the paper. While inserting numerous popular quotations, you may be eventually faced with the fact that your work is plagiarized and not because you copied it, but because you used too many cliches that are so popular among reports, news, etc. Stick to plain but appropriate expressions to be clear, original, and precise.
4. Stick to a right tense! Grammar helps you not only be correct in terms of sentence structure and other grammatical peculiarities but also to express your ideas with a clear implication. Use the present aspect when you write about characters, facts or events from literature works. Do it even if the book was written many years ago. When you describe some historical event use present as well. This way of using present is also called “historical present”. Mind that the essay relates to the present and all its content refers to now. This way helps students emphasize the topic’s importance and actuality.
5. Proofreading is the key to your high grade! Check Your Papers For Plagiarism And Correct Grammar Errors. You can also pay to get them professionally revised by the services available online! The most compelling content won’t get a high mark being represented with mistakes, without a proper format and structure. Pay attention to the details and get success in a whole. Check painstakingly several times to see whether the work contains grammatical, spelling, syntactic errors. The instructor will definitely deduct a point for each of them!
6. Try to avoid complicated and wordy phrases, which make the readers lose a principal idea of your research. Straightforward and clear arguments prove the best the writer’s point of view. You shouldn’t speak a lot to tell much. Instead, you should talk about the topic’s essence to be heard. Represent only necessary data. It will show gorgeously the awareness of the essay matter and the certainty in the provided thesis. Sometimes it is also advisable to include some statistics from a verified sources to sound more reliable.
7. The simpler – the better! Simplify your vocabulary. Professors are familiar with the lexical material of various areas represented in the students’ works. Don’t use many abstruse words to demonstrate your knowledge. Plain words explain the idea better than ones with different meanings and implications. Avoiding the obscurity of expression, one can achieve expected results.
8. Footnotes is one more key to success! It is impossible to prepare a compelling essay without the footnotes indicating that contain key arguments which support the writer’s statement. At the same time, one has to include the footnotes reasonably. There is no need to use them after any suggestion or conclusion; you show your own opinion related to a given topic and don’t interpret someone’s considerations. Referencing helps authors prove their own views, not the others’ ones!
9. No copying and pasting! Only authentic papers! Only plagiarism free papers obtain high grades and everyone submitting any academic writing work must care about its uniqueness. Check the articles by means of reliable plagiarism detecting services to avoid the failure. Of course, you may use some citations and thoughts by some scientific luminaries but your work needs to be done with the majority of your own contribution from a scientific point of view!
10. You can find a lot of monographs with free online access. Analyze them carefully if you don’t want to pay someone else for essays and be dragged in studying up to prepare an exceptional paper. Use existing writing experience to develop yours. Free online libraries and articles on the websites of famous universities will be a good option!