Monday Motivation: 36 Powerful Quotes to Jump-Start the Beginning of Your Week
Got a case of the Mondays?
You’re not alone if you find yourself lacking some motivation on Monday.
But consider how the week can only end once it begins.
Whether you’re looking for some motivation to kick-start your week and pull some quotes about Mondays in general — or if you want something more profound to get your start-of-the-week juices flowing, we’ve put together some sayings that might get you moving today.
RELATED: 60 Confidence Quotes to Help You Understand Your Self-Worth
For all of us wishing there was a day between Sunday and Monday, here are some quotes that can help change your mindset to start the week.
36 Quotes That’ll Give You Motivation and Get you Through Monday
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
- “This is your Monday morning reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” — Unknown
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in, and day-out.” —Unknown
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” — Zig Ziglar
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” — Jim Rohn
- “Hey, I know it’s Monday. But it’s also a new day and a new week. And in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” — Michael Ely
- “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” — David Dweck
- “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
- “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
- “The worst Monday is the one that gets wasted for nothing.” — Anonymous
- “If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her 18th birthday, you can get out of bed.” — E. Jean Carroll
- “Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.” — Ken Poirot
- “I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day.” — Paul Henderson
- Okay, it’s Monday but who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway.” — Kimberly Jiménez
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” — George Lorimer
- “Someday is not a day of the week.” — Denise Brennan-Nelson
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali
- “You are in control. Never allow your Monday to be manic.” — Andrea L’Artiste
- “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” — Jerry Spinelli
- “The beginning is always today.” — Mary Shelley
- “Monday is such a wonderful day. You can start new leaving behind the past week disappointments.” — Invajy
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” — Wayne Dyer
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” — Zig Ziglar
- “There are many opportunities in every single day, and Monday is the perfect day to seize them all.” — Isabella Koldras
- “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” — Camilla Eyring Kimball
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
- “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” — Pablo Picasso
- “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” — Oscar Wilde
- “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” — Ralph Marston
Go get ’em this week, gang. And if you need additional motivational content to keep you going, we’ll be here.
90 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes for Women