88 Inspiring Self-Love Quotes For Your Toughest Critic: You!
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.”
When you’re feeling down, self-love quotes might be exactly what you need to boost your spirits.
Some days, you wake up feeling great about yourself. You’re proud of the work you’re doing, happy with the relationships you’re building, and excited to face the day ahead.
On other days, you wake up feeling defeated. The world doesn’t seem as bright as it did yesterday. You begin questioning your choices, and wondering what you could have done differently.
It’s normal to have days where you’re experiencing a self-love deficit. But that doesn’t mean you need to stay in it forever.
Sometimes, a quick reminder of who you are and what you deserve is exactly what you need.
We’ve gathered 88 inspiring self-love quotes to boost your self-esteem, remind you of what you deserve, and provide you with the motivation you need to have an amazing day.
Empowering Self-Love Quotes about Self-Respect
Having self-respect means treating yourself with care and staying true to who you are. You have a high standard for how others treat you because you know your worth.
From Mark Twain to Rupi Kaur, these self-love quotes will remind you to stand up for what you deserve.
- “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” — Confucius
- “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” — Mark Twain
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” — Rupi Kaur
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Don’t waste a second of your time convincing other people you’re worth loving.” — Atticus
“They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.”– Mahatma Gandhi
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” — Malcolm S. Forbes
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
- “He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.” — Vironika Tugaleva
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” — Anna Taylor
Inspiring Self-Love Quotes from Celebrities
So many of our favorite stars radiate the kind of confidence we want to possess. You need a thick skin to be in the entertainment industry.
From scathing critics to judgemental audiences, the celebrities we love need to have a strong sense of self-love to make it in the business.
- “You are enough, just as you are.” — Meghan Markle
- “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” — Dolly Parton
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” — Lucille Ball
- “If you’re lucky enough to be different, never change.” — Taylor Swift
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” — RuPaul Charles
“By doing the work to love ourselves more, I believe we will love each other better.”– Laverne Cox
- “Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering were only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.” — Charlie Chaplin
- “I remind myself to be kind to myself, and as slightly ridiculous as it may sound, to treat myself in the same gentle way I’d want to treat a daughter of mine. It really helps.” — Emma Stone
Deep Self-Love Quotes to Make You Think
You live a busy life. Between work, relationships, and everything else you have to juggle, it’s hard to carve out any time for yourself.
But taking the time to sit back for a moment, and let yourself think, can help remind you of what’s really important in life. These self-love quotes from deep-thinkers will help you reflect on what matters most to you.
- “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside of you.” — Rumi
- “The most common form of despair is not being who you are.” — Soren Kierkgaard
- “The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.” — Rita Mae Brown
“Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worth the trip.”– Glenn Beck
- “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” — Paulo Coelho
- “True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
- “I don’t think that loving yourself is a choice. I think that it’s a decision that has to be made for survival.” — Lizzo
- “People who love don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” — Dan Pearce
- “This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been before.” — Glennon Doyle
Happy Self-Love Quotes to Lift Your Spirits
It can be hard to always look on the bright side. Sometimes, it’s healthier to surrender to sadness and let yourself process all of your heaviest emotions.
But eventually, you need to get back up and remind yourself of all the things that make your life feel magical. These uplifting happiness quotes might be just what you need!
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
- “Happiness can only be found within the self.” — Bhagavad Gita
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a long romance.” — Oscar Wilde
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” — Robert Morley
- “The only thing that will make you happy is being who you are.” — Goldie Hahn
“To love yourself right now, just as you are, it to give yourself heaven.”– Alan Cohen
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” — Wayne. W Dyer
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” — Diane Von Furstenberg
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” — The Dalai Lama
- “When we fulfill our function, which is to truly love ourselves and share love with others, then true happiness sets in.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
Courageous Self-Love Quotes To Help You Feel Brave
Sometimes, the bravest thing you can do is be yourself.
We all want to feel loved and accepted, and it can be hard to be true to yourself if you’re worried about not belonging.
But being your authentic self is how you find the people who are meant to be in your life.
These encouraging self-love quotes will remind you to bravely show your authentic self to the world.
- “Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self.” — Queen Latifah
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
- “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” — Carl Jung
- “Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.” — Emma Donoghue
- “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” — Brené Brown
- “Your self-worth grows when you fight for something you love.” — Maxime Lagacé
“Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage not weakness.”– Katherine Henson
- “You must find the place deep inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” — Deepak Chopra
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions. Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” — Brené Brown
- “Just do what works for you, because there will always be somebody who thinks differently.” — Michelle Obama
- “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin
Bold Self-Love Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
You might find yourself tempted to dim your light so that you don’t risk outshining someone else.
But once you realize that you deserve to be seen just as much as anyone else, you’ll feel a whole new sense of confidence.
These bold self-love quotes will help you connect with your inner superstar and remind you of how amazing you truly are.
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” — Tyra Banks
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” — Lalah Delia
- “You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.” — Maya Angelou
“To overcome fear is the quickest way to gain your self-confidence.”– Roy T. Bennet
- “Being comfortable with who you are is the ultimate threat.” — Sean Beaudoin
- “The only person I need to compare myself to is my yesterday self.” — Allison Sue
- “I don’t want everyone to like me. I should think less of myself if some people did.” — Henry James
- “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” — Maryam Hasnaa
- “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” — Rob Liano
- “You have to believe that your ideas, and your hope, and your being, deserve to take up space.” — Bianca Sparacino
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Uplifting Self-Love Quotes To Remind You of Your Inner Beauty
The recent rise of social media has made it easier than ever to compare yourself to others.
When you scroll through Instagram, it’s easy to forget that many of the photos you see are airbrushed and photoshopped to perfection. It’s tempting to compare your reality to someone else’s fantasy.
But these uplifting self-love quotes will remind you of your own unique beauty and help you let your inner light shine through.
- “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” — Katrina Mayer
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
- “Confidence is the most beautiful thing you can possess.” — Sabrina Carpenter
- “Happiness and confidence are the most beautiful things you can wear.” — Taylor Swift
“The most beautiful things you can wear are your self-confidence and your self-love.”– Leticia Rae
- “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” — Sophia Loren
- “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.” — Beyoncé
- “I’m all about body positivity and self-love because I believe that we can save the world if we first save ourselves.” — Lizzo
- “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” — Tyra Banks
Motivating Self-Love Quotes About Personal Growth
When you have a strong foundation of self-love, it’s easier to grow into the person you’re meant to be. You can step forward into the world with confidence and bravery, knowing you have all the skills within you to tackle what lies ahead.
These motivational self-love quotes about personal growth will inspire you to chase your dreams without hesitation, because you know you deserve to see them come true.
- “Don’t go through life, grow through life.” — Eric Butterworth
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass
- “It is never too late to be who you might have been.” — George Eliot
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” — Edmund Hillary
- “Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways.” — Glennon Doyle
- “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Louisa May Alcott
“You can waste your life drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.”– Shonda Rhimes
- “There are two ways of spreading light: To be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” — Edith Wharton
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” — Thomas Edison
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” — Sophia Bush Hughes
- “I would like to think that all of my successes in life are really just the fruit of my failures.” — Yvie Oddly
- “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Henry Stanley Haskins
- “A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond.”― Solange Nicole
Did you have a favorite quote? Write it out and hang it up somewhere you’ll see it often.
You’ll be surprised at how much a simple quote can shift your mindset and inspire you.