70 Best Relationship Memes to Share with Your Partner
From the funny to the touching to the absurd, there are plenty of relationship memes to share with your significant other.
Romantic relationships come in all shapes and sizes, and develop from numerous and varied circumstances. However, even with the diversity that naturally emerges out of a universal phenomenon, there are still ways to find unison. Throughout the years, people have created funny memes about their own relationships that reflect common experiences for most, if not all couples. Some are even relatable enough that they rank among the absolute best relationship memes.
RELATED: What You Should Expect from Couples Counseling
These funny relationship memes will likely strike a chord for most people in a relationship. Both you and the special someone in your life can get something out of them. If you can make your partner laugh by sending them these memes, then it is even better.
Relatable Relationship Memes
1. Few things offer the comfort and relatability more than a beloved pop-culture icon like Kermit the Frog.
2. Developing a relationship inevitably involves the use of terms and nicknames only known to you. Of course, there’s always the chance of accidental public exposure of those terms, and the ensuing embarrassment.
3. By the time you begin sharing a bed with your partner, you might realize your sleeping quirks clash with each other, and that compromises should be made.
4. Some couples love using social media to share as many posts about their relationship status as possible. Sometimes, their introverted counterparts just like to mock them.
5. In a rather common attempt at dark comedy, dating someone might be comparing to one of the best-known ocean disasters of all time.
6. A gentleman who truly respects women will not give her his jacket under the guise of chivalry. Instead, he will remind her of her own autonomy.
7. Sometimes, a trip to the bathroom is just an excuse to avoid an even duller movie-viewing experience.
8. Some elements of a relationship (like pet names!) are better off kept secret. However, it can be immensely gratifying to publicly recount how you fell for your partner — if only for the expression on the face of your proud girlfriend or boyfriend.
9. Tom, of Tom and Jerry fame, is subjected to frequent pain in the classic cartoons. However, he can also prove useful in the creation of funny relationship memes.
10. Miles Morales donning the iconic Spider-Man costume is worthy of comparison to partners sharing clothes.
RELATED: Dedicated Father Regrets Never Having Been to Prom – Teen Daughter Steps in and Brings Him to Tears
11. Sometimes, making things easier for your partner can backfire, as indicated by Baby Yoda;s entertaining expression.
12. We will never know how these tools became so small, or how they were acquired, but a loyal partner has to fix what he can.
13. Even with all the butterflies and initial romantic gestures, mild forms of physical intimacy can sometimes lead to clumsy surprises.
14. With the ubiquity of texting, conversations between partners can get a little lazy after a while.
15. A gecko of melancholy is goofy enough to contrast with the genuine disappointment of having to leave your loved one for the day.
16. Like Tom and Jerry, SpongeBob SquarePants provides plenty of meme-friendly frames. What’s more, SpongeBob’s nosiness applies perfectly to certain couples.
RELATED: Police Find a 2-Month-Old Baby Who Stopped Breathing – What Happens Next Brings Everyone to Tears
17. Pingu is just as goofy when he’s upset as when he is happy. To some people, seeing their partners pout lightheartedly can turn into comedic material.
18. Concerning imagery nonetheless, there are times where one partner needs to take risks for the sake of a loved one.
19. Over its more than three-decade history, The Simpsons has become ingrained in popular culture, and provided no shortage of memorable quotes that can be applied to any relationship.
20. Some of your partner’s habits become a lovely, and expected, part your daily life. So, on the rare occasion when he or she forgets, you have to suck it up, buttercup.
Relationship Memes to Make Your Partner Laugh
21. Endless support for your special someone, even during the most mundane times, is part of the beauty of being in a relationship.
22. Even when you start sharing a bedroom, you don’t have to abandon conveniences. No need for blanket fights.
23. Our moods can influence what we say and, perhaps just as importantly, how we say it. The thing is, a bad mood can pass quickly, but the fallout from poorly chosen words? That can take a bit longer.
24. The intensity of what your heart might feel during these situations is perfectly reflected through exaggerated cartoon poses.
25. Even when you’re single, the relatability of turmoil in relationships can get to you..
26. When one person in a couple is used to being the driver, a role reversal may prove more challenging than expected.
RELATED: 135 Friendship Quotes: Best Friend Quotes That Show the True Meaning of Friendship
27. If the smiling tree frogs can endure the heat while expressing joy, then so can you in the most affectionate of times.
28. Another smiling frog mirrors the support a good partner will provide for your significant other’s interests — no matter how little you understand them.
29. A passive person can easily complement their boisterous counterpart in times of need.
30. Most people have probably experienced your partner’s indifference when you’re assembling the potential choices for a night out.
RELATED: Mean Employees Mock Woman’s Appearance and Outfit – Her Response Goes Viral and Stuns Everyone
31. The sign of a good relationship indeed, fun harmless pranks and all.
32. Goofy lizards return in another representation of eccentric affection exclusive to your romantic relationship.
33. This is one of the most literal uses of emojis in the history of texting.
34. If hedonistic impulses are too strong, then perhaps the single life is the best way to live.
35. Never has there been a quicker way of proving the other party right during an argument.
36. Frogs and toads can reflect the human experience in unexpected way, as these memes have shown. This one is a reminder that, sometimes, the only fish in the sea for you is your current partner.
37. A Bob Marley quote may might encourage men to avoid the shallow traps imposed by our culture, and the expectations that come with romance.
38. A symbol of love is right in front of you, as you start your day.
39. Mike Wazowski is a charmer in Monsters, Inc., and his romantic side has clearly spoken to the millions who have seen the film.
40. Sometimes, the same memes show up so frequently that a break is necessary to keep them fresh.
RELATED: Three Unwanted Children Bounced Between 16 Homes – Until One Single Dad Changes Their Lives Forever
Memes for Your Boyfriend
41. Height differences in relationships can make for a unique cuddling experience.
42. Even when one party is frustrated, the true colors of a blossoming relationship quickly reemerge as they regain composure.
43. The dominance of video games tends to make us forget about other commitments, much to the dismay of our loved ones.
44. One of the best ways to be a supportive partner is to provide your loved one with the self-esteem they never thought they had.
45. Yes, phones can spark light jealousy, especially when you pay a little more attention to the screen than to the person beside you.
46. Another variation of the meme about easily proving a point about your partner’s flaws.
47. We hear all our lives that actions speak louder than words. Just as in most situations, that tends to be true in relationships.
48. This may be a strange meme to share when you’re not single. However, it can be read in an ironic light after finally finding that relationship you thought you would never get.
RELATED: Deaf Man Receives Ear Implant – The First Thing He Hears His Wife Say Makes Him Break Down in Tears
49. You might even want to share the memes in this article to make your partner laugh. But this one, in particular, may cheer them up during their busiest time of day.
50. Just because you may be displeased with each other now doesn’t mean the spark is gone.
Funny Girlfriend Memes
51. Everyone has that one moment when they’re confident about a point, only to be proved wrong.
52. The random expression of one’s insecurities can come at the most inappropriate time.
53. In an attempt to be generous to your significant other, you may disappoint yourself by losing out on the treat you wanted.
54. Another way for a meme to turn an Everyman Muppet like Kermit the Frog into a sufferer of universal woes.
55. Even all the self-affirmed gamers in the world might find someone who can accommodate their dream scenario — and even join the fun.
56. Overestimating the time it takes to get home is a mistake we all make. However, sometimes, the delay of your partner’s arrival can prove itself to be worrisome.
57. If your significant other fancies French fries, they may order more on your behalf, if only to eat your leftover portion.
58. The inevitable results of connecting with a person on such intimate levels, and possibly inhabiting the same space as them.
59. It can be a little jolting when your partner refers to you by your name, rather than “hon” or “babe.” But your significant other using your full name? That’s like being scolded by your parents.
60. One person’s “crazy” is another’s “eccentric.” But the Michael Myersi and Jason Voorhees costumes can earn a chuckle from horror enthusiasts.
RELATED: This Sexy Ancient Ritual May Save Your Relationship
61. Valentine’s Day passes quickly, and can be easy enough to forget. So, getting gifts for your loved one at the last minute can be a stressful, but rather common, experience.
62. On certain occasions, your tastes in art, culture and media will clash with your significant other’s interests. Sometimes, leaving them to do their own thing is for the best.
63. There’s a significant difference between what’s expected in public and the freedom of your own home.
64. Is there anything as satisfying as late-night pizza after a long and tedious day?
65. Family events can be awkward and alienating, but the shared experience makes for fun conversations.
66. Another example of how we behave in public versus how we are in private.
67. A trip can take hours, or even days, to plan out — and the results may be clumsier than intended.
68. A partner’s inability to share the sheets while sleeping inevitably lead to one cold person in the relationship.
69. Even after already confirming you’re not hungry, cravings can make something irresistible.
70. To round it off, here is a representation of how one partner can be overprotective.